burlap

Monday, August 19, 2013

It's great to be 8

While we were in Utah, a special little girl turned 8 YEARS OLD!  There is NO way it has really been 8 years since this little lass was born but we will just pretend for kicks that she is (but we won't pretend that I'm  8 years older okay?  okay!).
 This girl is a true jewel.  She is so amazing in so many ways and beautiful inside and out.

 She is as smart as a whip....what even does that mean? I mean, are whips really that smart?  If you were to ask Addie though, she could probably tell you what that means because after all, she is as smart as a whip. 
;-).
 She is full of creativity.  One of her favorite things to do is to go through our recycling box and make her own inventions.  They are really clever .
 She has turned into a little book worm.  She has read the first 5 Harry Potter books this summer.  Friday we went to the library to get a bunch of books for homeschool (I'm homeschooling her this year) and I checked out the book The Odyssey, thinking we could read it together.  Well she beat me to it.  I had to call her down for breakfast a couple times this morning because she wanted to finish her book.  I had no idea she had even started.
 She is a great big sister...although a little bossy at times ;-)  She is a great example for her younger sister and brothers and is a BIG help to me with Jarom.
She is fun, wild and crazy...she just fit's perfectly into our family
She is ALWAYS sure to say please and THANK YOU.  Sometimes I have to tell her that she only has to tell me thank you 1 time
She loves, loves, LOVES nature.  We can not walk from the car to the house without her trying to catch some sort of insect.  She is a little bug charmer and has formed a "nature club" where they do "naturie stuff"
She has a great laugh
She is very thoughtful and writes us the sweetest notes.
She has got SASS
I had to include this picture with the "P hill" in the background.  In 1851 one of her Great Grandfathers (William Cook Mitchell) camped at this very spot as they came into the valley that would become Parowan.  He was one of the first settlers and I love that my children have root's in Parowan even though I really don't. 
We wanted to have Addie baptized in Utah so that we could have family around to support her and it was SO WONDERFUL to have all that support.  She felt so special that all those people were there to support her and love her.  It was so great!

We left the choice up to her if she wanted to be baptized and I'm so happy that she wanted to be.  She has such a strong spirit and it was so neat to watch her be baptized.  
Here were most of the people who came to be with us on her special day.  Thank you everyone.
Here she is with the people who were in the circle to help confirm her.  My brother Kyle, then Ammon, My brother in law Nick and my brother Denny.
We were sad that Grandpa Vincent couldn't be there but they will be home from their mission in 2 1/2 weeks!!  SO EXCITED!
We also missed Nana and Papa Marren (Ammon's mom and dad) but they were unable to come with Papa being in the hospital with bad health.  We were lucky enough to had spent Addies birthday with them in the hospital and feel blessed to be able to see Papa one last time.  He passed away a few days ago (post will come soon)

Addie and Cada have been best buddies from the time they were born.  They are 2 weeks apart and I babysat Cada when she was a baby to about 4 (off and on). I have so many pictures and movies of Cada and Addie together, you would think they were twins.  Cada was being baptized 4 days after Addie but unfortunately we had to get back to Omaha and missed her baptism but are proud of her as well.
Addie and her cousin Olivia (Kyle and Lena's youngest) were the bestest of friends this trip and I love how close they are.  What sweet hearts
Addie is such a light in our life and our family would not be complete without her.  I am SO SO proud of her and love her so much.  It makes me get all teary thinking of how grown up she is and that she is not my little baby anymore.  Well, she will always be my baby no matter what she says.  I love love love that gal of mine.
It is 1am and I am too tired to proof read this (as always).  I'm sure there are many misspellings which I will see tomorrow as I re-read it but I hope you will all forgive this tired mama's brain for not functioning on full power. Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment