Baby update- This baby is due in exactly 1 month from today! That being said, I am really planning on the baby coming in a little over 2 weeks. Planning/ hoping but in my mind this is how it will go. I've been trying to think of a pleasant way to phrase this but just can't so sorry. My doctor will strip me a couple days before Ammon's Spring break (and before my doctor's "spring break" as well). Hopefully hopefully hopefully this will work and send me into labor. How perfect would that be to have the baby while Ammon is on break and not having to worry about school. He would then have at least a week to enjoy our new little baby before the hustle and bustle of school resumes. The next week is Addie's spring break so that will be fun to have her home (and let's face it, I'm just glad I won't have to worry about getting in the car 2 times a day to drop her off and pick her up). My mother in law is coming out to help with the other kiddo's while we adjust to 4 and I
We still are as curious as can be of what we are having. I think we are all thinking a boy but we could be totally surprised. I have washed all the gender neutral clothing and blankets that I have but I have to admit, I have washed a few "specifically boy" blankets as well. I asked Kimball today what he would think if it was a girl and he said "no way, then I would be all surrounded by those girls." He did say that he would still love the baby though even if it was one of "those girls." Oh good. He and Avonlea both got to feel the baby hiccuping today and watch my belly move. I will miss that but I tell you what, if I ever see my maternity clothes again, it will be too soon. I am so so sick of the limited clothes that fit me. It's so depressing when you put on a maternity shirt and it is to small for you and all your left with is the stuff that makes you look and feel like a tent. I wanted to be more positive this pregnancy about being pregnant but that has been so tough. I do love feeling the baby move but I hate not being able to move and bend and sleep on my stomach or back (or on either side without waking up with aching hips). OK enough complaints but needless to say, I am very excited not only to meet this baby but to NOT BE PREGNANT ANYMORE!!!
Addie- Addison is really growing up in so many ways and I am very proud of her. She is doing awesome in piano and seems to really enjoy it, which I am grateful for. It use to be so hard to get her to help out around the house and Kimball was my little helper. Well they have totally switched rolls. I ask Addie to do something and she just says "okay mom." She is always so grateful for everything and if I do anything for her, she always says thank you. I really love that girl. I think we have pretty much decided that we are going to homeschool her next year. This is a very daunting task for me but I think it will be so much better in the long run. I am doing this mainly so that she can be a little more challenged and I can have more of a say of the things that she learns. We could commute to a different school but that would add close to 2 hours of driving for me every day and since she doesn't get out until 4 anyway, that just doesn't seem cool to me. I want her home more than to just sleep. I'm sure we will have some frustrating days but until we move somewhere else where the schools are a little better, this will have to work for us and I'm sure we will be glad. Now I just need to find a program or a curriculum that I like and will make it easier on me. If any of you know of any...
Kimball-oh that boy. Those people who say they would rather have boys because girls are so emotional, obviously did not have a son like Kimball. I love that kid so dang much but boy can he be emotional...not to be confused with dramatic (that's Addie) but Kimball is so dang sensitive. If he get's his feelings hurt, you better watch out. Like I said before, he use to be my little helper around the house and I loved it but now, if I ask him to do anything, his response is always "but that will take so looong!" He has a very short fuse and when it blows he is unreasonable. However on the flip side, he is a little sweetheart too. He loves making cards or cookies to take to people. A few months ago when I was cutting down my flowers for the winter, there were still a couple of beautiful flowers and he asked if he could have them. I told him he could and he just started taking them to some of the single elderly ladies that live near us and then took them to some of his friends moms. He is so sweet with stuff like that. He loves to come in and snuggle with me in the morning (which I love) and he can be such a silly goof. I don't think he walks anywhere. He constantly is running (no wonder he is so skinny) and will just run from our front door to the back door over and over again. He and Avonlea have such a cute relationship (most of the time) and I'm so glad that they can keep each other company while I take little cat-naps this last little while when all my energy is suddenly gone. I can't believe he will be in kindergarten this next year. We are really really hoping he gets into the zoo kindergarten. That would be absolutely wonderful.
Avonlea- Our little song bird. This little chicka is such a funny girl. She has a laugh that sounds like a machine gun and she uses it all the time. She makes me laugh every single day and she loves to sing. She makes up songs all the time. Actually she usually just puts whatever action she is doing and piggy-backs it onto the tune of another song. Her favorite tune to use is "follow the prophet" so say for example, I say "Avonlea, stay on the toilet until your done going potty" she will start singing (to the tune of "follow the prophet") "stay on the toilet, stay on the toilet, stay on the toilet, don't go a stray". She has suddenly decided that she might want to hit the terrible 2's right before she turns 3 (and right before the baby comes). She does not like to be told "no" and acts like her heart is broken when you do tell her no. I'm pretty sure we have spoiled her a little bit but she has just been so good and easy that we didn't even notice. She might have a little bit of a hard time not being the baby of the family and not having as much of my attention that she has been use to but I know she will love love love this baby. Quick story. Last week in church, Avonlea was sitting with our friends the Calls, a row in front of us (because she just loves them so much) and the choir was singing. My friend Kortney (the choir director) asked if I would hold her 9 month old baby while she led the choir, which I was more than happy to. While this sweet little baby was sitting on my lap, Avonlea looked back at me and noticed this new baby on my lap. She got this surprised look on her face and said "Your baby came OUT!!!???" Oh if only it would be that easy.
I wish that I could just remember each and everyone of those sweet moments that happen daily with each of my kids but I know that unless I spend all day writing them down, instead of enjoying them, they will be gone from my memory. These kids make me so darn happy and I love them so much...of course sometimes I still go nuts by the end of the night after I feel like I have told them to do something 10 times without it getting done but that is what mothering is all about right? RIGHT? enjoying the good and realizing that the
Loves this update! Just what I needed today. Isn't it funny how different these kids come? And I hear ya on the pregnancy-I was so readyro be done. Although I have mastitis and wonder if maybe pregnancy wasn't so bad afterall? :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with baby #4! I hope he/she comes sooner than later!