burlap

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

life lately with pictures to prove it ;-)

I finally uploaded the pictures from my camera and thought I would do a quick blog entry. What have we been up to lately?  Well for Valentines day, we went to this AMAZING restaurant called "Bruno's"  The food was amazing and the service was fantastic.  You should really check it out sometime.  I wish I had a copy of the menu but it was quite a feast.  We started off with Brioche topped with a very yummy topping as well as Wedding soup (yummmm).  Next was a fantastic salad with the house dressing and then we had manicotti and ravioli for our main course.  Dessert followed which was Tieramisu especially made for us with Pero.  It was all so fantastic. 
Here is our chef / server / restaurant owner Bruno.

The atmosphere was quite romantic.  I just wish that Ammon could have joined us for the whole time.  He had to keep running errands. We could hear him talking to Bruno though, asking Bruno if he would take care of us while he ran his errand

Here are my other 3 Valentines
Kimball

Addie monkey

and Silly goose Avonlea

It was a wonderful Valentines day, full of love and sweets.

Last week I took the kids to the zoo because I figured it might be a while before I get back.  We had a lot of fun and the other little monkeys really were entertained by my own little monkeys
 

I'm counting my blessings that I don't have this little monkeys problem

they kept jumping against the glass and acted like they were yelling at my kids.  I think they felt they were being mocked.

In other news, before our trip out to Utah this last Christmas, we needed to find a way to fit our gifts and luggage in our van (since there is NO room in the back).  We didn't have a rack so we thought we were going to put a hitch on the van.  I was looking on craigslist and came across a van that had fewer miles, all the bells and whistles (heated leather seats, built in dvd player, electric sliding doors, etc.) and it was selling for less than what our current van was worth so we thought "hey, why not just buy a whole new van.  Oh I forgot to mention that this was the extended version of the van we already had so we bought ourselves a Christmas present and had a wonderful trip out to UT.  Of course this meant selling our old van which our kids were sad to see go.   Here they are giving "gus gus" one last hug before it went to it's new owners.

I have been babysitting since last May.  It was suppose to be a 2 week thing, then it turned into 2 months, then 10 months.  This little girl was a sweet little thing but it got so hard this last little while since she was crawling everywhere and finding everything on the floor and bending over for me right now just doesn't happen easily.  Trying to hold her was also a joke with this big belly so even though we will miss her, I was glad to finally be done. The kids are really going to miss playing with baby Morgan.

It's been a pretty mild winter but last week we finally did get some snow.  They canceled school for 2 days (wouldn't have happened in UT) and we had a lot of fun playing outside and sledding down the hill by our house.
 

The big news in Addies life is that she just lost her 2 front teeth.  I was lucky enough to get the first one on video and she pulled the other one out the next morning.  I think she looks adorable.
D-day is coming up quickly.  This picture was last week at 36 weeks.  Today I am 37 weeks and officially "full term"  We hope to meet this baby in a little over a week.  Wow, when I say it like that, it sounds REALLY soon. 
and that is life lately
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I still can't get over the fact you hid it so long. Good for you, and best wishes on that special day (or night)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to come back there and go to Bruno's with you!!!! I miss your guts!!

    ReplyDelete