Our Baby is FINALLY HERE!!!
After 40 LONG weeks, this baby is finally here and we are truly truly enjoying him. What a sweetheart we have and what a wonderful experience the birth was. I figured I would do one true "belly shot" to remember what it was like to be at the end of pregnancy
Well we thought/planned on this baby coming 2 weeks ago so Ammon would just be starting his Spring Break but that was not in the plans. We tried to get him to come again (by trying I mean I was going to have my membrains stripped, which ended up being impossible :-( but finally on March 18th, the Monday Ammon after started school after Spring Break was over, I was scheduled to be induced. Off we went to the hospital at 7am. One of the medications they gave us at the hospital was something called "Luigi's Italian Ice." They make you feel happy, bring a smile to your face and take away all pain and worry. Good medicine, highly recommend it.
Toes had to be purdy
At 7:15 AM on Monday, we checked in and they got me set up with monitors and they check me and I was still only dilated to a 1...so frustrating! They gave me something to help soften the cervix and let me be for a couple of hours. The contractions started coming about every minute and lasted for almost a minute. The were manageable with Ammon's help....he was a good Dula! Around 11:30, I was dilated to a 3, so they gave me the epidural and broke my water. I never did need the
Pitocin. Best best epidural I ever had. It actually worked how it was suppose to this time. I could tell when I was having contractions, but I was not in pain. An hour later I told them it felt like I could push. They checked me and I was at a 10. After about 25 minutes of pain free pushes, our little BOY was here.
Here I am lying on the bed after the epidural. It was soooo painful, just look at my face and see the pain.
Here's our little bun fresh out of the oven. Even after the 4th, it is still love at first sight and the most amazing feeling I'll ever experience...except when you get those small warm doughnuts from Dunkin-Doughnuts in the morning when they are fresh and gooey...ok just kidding, there is no comparison.
It was so amazing pushing him out and getting my first look at that beautiful baby and Ammon said "it's a boy!" and they layed him on my belly. This was the first time that I actually was not to exhausted and in to much pain that I fully could appreciate the experience and got all choked up. Ammon was also quite choked up and we just sat there crying, enjoying our brand new son.

Those mean nurses have to do there job and make them really mad and cry to get all the gunk out of their little lungs...darnit.
Those mean nurses have to do there job and make them really mad and cry to get all the gunk out of their little lungs...darnit.
Daddy loves his little boy. We would have been very happy with a girl, but we are all VERY happy it is a boy, especially Kimball.
We went to Lakeside Hospital and it was AMAZING! That had a pretty sweet suite we stayed in. They made you feel like you were the only patients there. A message therapist came in and gave me a back message, we could order off of their large menu whenever we wanted, which included salads, pizzas, pastas, burgers, sides, desserts, etc. There was a jetted tub in the bathroom that was huge! They brought in Sparkling grape juice, champagne glasses and a small cake that night to congratualate us. There was a refreshment kitchen across the hall if we ever wanted anything in the middle of the night. The next day (Tuesday) before we left they brought in warm Chocolate Chip Cookies. So what I am trying to say is that it was a very miserable experience! I don't wish it upon anyone!
Misty drove out to the hospital with Ammon's mom Teresa and the kids. They all got to hold the baby. Addie was so excited. She got teary and kept thanking me and Ammon for having the baby. When they were leaving, she hugged Ammon and with tears in her eyes again she said "thank you for having this baby." She is so sweet, she is a wonderful big sister and a wonderful daughter too.
Kimball was also very happy it was a boy, he has been very open that he wanted a baby brother. He got to hold his little brother, but then within about 2 minutes Kimball was asking where the refreshment kitchen was. At least he is honest.
Avonlea loves her new baby and is so cute when she talks to him and holds him. Today she has started coughing and has a stuffy nose (of course) so I have had to not let her hold him which makes me so sad. When she was at the hospital, she just kept saying "I love my little brother" and that made Kimball say "NO Avonlea! He is only MY little brother, not yours!" I guess he figured that since it is a boy, he only belongs to Kimball. When we tried to explain to him that he is all of their new baby brother, Kimball got mad and wouldn't show his face for pictures. Oh what fun
The only way we got Kimball to show his face for this first family of 6 (WOW) picture was when Nana said "Kimball, Santa Clause is standing behind me"
She has been out for the whole week helping with the kids which has been wonderful since my mom is half a world away on her mission. Thank you Teresa for all your help and thank you Mom for sacrificing your time serving so we could be so very blessed.
I LOVE MY LITTLE BOY!!!!
The birth was truely a beautiful experience and I would repeat it in a heartbeat. It was everything I had prayed for. He was healthy and I was given stregth. AMAZING
Now you have probably noticed I have not really called him by name through this whole post. That is because we still don't know what his name is for sure. We have loved the name McKay for so long and we named Kimball McKay for the first couple hours and then Ammon said, "No, this is Kimball" so then with this pregnancy we came up with names for both. It was going to be Megann June if it was a girl and most likely be McKay Niels (pronounced Neils) if it is a boy. Well last Sunday, the day before I went to the hospital, we were sitting in sacrament meeting (which I was having contractions through the whole thing by the way) and he says "what do you think of the name Jarom?" hmmm...I like it but didn't really think much about it. Well then our baby was born and the name Jarom won't leave my mind but I love the name McKay so now we are totally stuck. We have filled out the birth certificate as McKay Niels Mitchell and we just said if we feel strongly enough that his name should be Jarom then we will change it. Well the name Jarom is not leaving our minds and it seems to fit him really well but then that means I have to give up the name McKay (I do really love the name Jarom McKay but Ammon really wants to keep the name Niels as the middle name). So there it stands, our baby still doesn't have a for sure name. We called him Jarom all day today to see how we liked it, and we do but I still love the name McKay. I HATE making decisions about stuff like this. Oh and then if we do keep the name Jarom, do we spell it Jarem (which I like the look of better) or Jarom (which means 'he will raise up) or Jerom (which means Sacred name). See all these things that have to be decided...and SOON so the kids don't get totally confused at what they should be calling their new baby brother? This is hard. So why don't you weigh in on this. Leave a comment and tell us what you think...we will still be naming him what WE think is best but I'm still curious as to your opinions.
Well there we have it. Our little baby BOY!
Chalise!!! Congrats! So so so happy for you guys!!! What a beautiful little boy! He looks like the two of you and well the rest of your kids too :) so so sweet!
ReplyDeleteOn the name... I know people named McKay and Jarom. I think it comes down to nick names. Both of the guys I know (one of them 30 and the other 9) go by their nick name more than their full names.
Oh and McKay goes by Mac, and Jarom goes by Jerr :) good luck ;)
ReplyDeleteI still just can't get over how perfect this little boy is. He is so precious! And I can't help but laugh but also feel for ya about the stress of picking a name... we were the exact same way when Addy was born. Once we finally 100% settled on the name, the stress of it all went away and now we can't imagine any other name suiting her better. Good luck! I like both names but I think Jarom is my favorite... for what it's worth. Mainly because I don't hear it as often and I think it's a super cute name. I asked Nate and his vote was McKay. I still like some of the names Avonlea was telling me she liked for the baby... like Ladybug:)
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet experience!! The only thing missing was me!! I am so so very happy for you and your family. I teared up when you told the story about Addison-I feel that is how Sariah will be. About the name, I like McKay Because you have Kimball and that is a prophet's last name and then you would have Mckay (like David O'Mckay). And of course we LOVE the name niels because it is so close to Nielsen :) What ever the name I'm so happy he is here and healthy!!! I love all of you a lot!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats, Chalise! You are so beautiful and I am jealous of this wonderful birth you just experienced. I am fairly certain my experience will be completely different in the next 2 months. HA! I am no help with the name because I have the hardest time picking names as well...there is SO much to take into consideration, and then being a teacher for 5 years makes it impossible to not associate names with former students. I'm sure whatever name you choose he will grow into and LOVE. Both names are sweet and meaningful. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteMeesh I'm so excited for you. I was so nervous because I have never had an epidural work for me so this was a first for me to not be in pain. I hope that is how it works for you. Thinking of you
DeleteLove the story and the pictures, but most of all- I love your little family of 6.
ReplyDeleteI think it should be Jarom McKay Niels Mitchell. Hey, if Ammon has 2 middle names, why can't this baby? But my personal opinion for what it is worth is just Jarom McKay, but I'm sure whatever he is named will fit him and you will never imagine him with another name later on.
That is how it was with Tess who was first Tess Ashlyn for a day, then Tess Michelle for a couple of days and finally Tess Holland. Don't stress too much about it--just take your time and wait until if feels right. If I remember right, Susy Benson changed their little girls name a few weeks or more later. So it's never too late! :-) Love ya!
so happy kimball has another brother!!
ReplyDeleteWhy not all three names. Know several people who have more than one middle name.
ReplyDeleteI really like Jarom ( to raise up) Niels (why that spelling?) Sounds good to me. He is a beautiful boy and we're so glad everything went well for you. What a blessing. It was always strange for me to have to decide on a name that our kids would be called the rest of their life...I guess that's why we wanted to go with names that had a great meaning or that had an ancestor connection. Whatever you choose will be great and will be right I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteWahoo! He is a cutie...I'm glad that the epi worked (that is a BIG baby!:) We are very excited for you!
ReplyDeleteWahoo...Our baby boy was born on Feb. 18...exactly one month earlier. I've always told Bryce that we can't move until I'm done having kids because I love my doctor...until I read your post....message, sparkling juice, jetted tub, cookies...I could definitely go for that! So fun :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! Such a cute baby! They grow so fast! I'm already like the old grandma at the grocery store telling the new moms to enjoy it cause it goes so fast. (as I push my cart with 4 wild kids hanging off of it)
ReplyDelete