Where have the last 3 years gone since my little baby girl was born? I can't believe this silly goose is 3 years old. Now she is a little girl....well not so little, especially compared to Jarom (yes, I think we have finally decided on a name for our new little guy)
Well with her birthday being so close to my due-date, we knew we would be limited in what we could do since we didn't know if I would have already had the baby or not. For the last 2 times when we have gone down to Kansas City and gone to the Rose Farm (amazing place), Addie and Kimball have been able to go on pony rides but you have to be 3. We told Avonlea that on her next birthday, she would be old enough and she has not forgotten. She has been telling us for the last 6 months that for her birthday she was going to ride a pony so Ammon started calling around since we knew a trip to Kansas City was just not going to happen right now. He found a place here in Omaha and took her out there, nearly not making it several times with mud about 8 inches deep. Luckily they made it there (and back) and Avonlea got to ride her pony. She sure loved it and I promise that she was not wearing capri's. I guess I need to get her some longer pants that fit for when she rides horses ;-)
Well with her birthday being so close to my due-date, we knew we would be limited in what we could do since we didn't know if I would have already had the baby or not. For the last 2 times when we have gone down to Kansas City and gone to the Rose Farm (amazing place), Addie and Kimball have been able to go on pony rides but you have to be 3. We told Avonlea that on her next birthday, she would be old enough and she has not forgotten. She has been telling us for the last 6 months that for her birthday she was going to ride a pony so Ammon started calling around since we knew a trip to Kansas City was just not going to happen right now. He found a place here in Omaha and took her out there, nearly not making it several times with mud about 8 inches deep. Luckily they made it there (and back) and Avonlea got to ride her pony. She sure loved it and I promise that she was not wearing capri's. I guess I need to get her some longer pants that fit for when she rides horses ;-)
After that, it was pretty low-key. Nana flew in the day after her birthday so we waited for her to get here before we had the "party." Presents and cake & ice-cream with Nana and our friends the Call's. like I said, low-key but enjoyable.
Here she is with all her presents. Notice the necklace around her neck. That is a home-made gift from Kimball and I thought it was so sweet. Also, do you like her shirt? I'm going to brag a little. The day before, I took her shopping for her birthday outfit and I had the hardest time justifying spending so much money on 1 outfit...especially an outfit that I knew would quickly be stained and worn out (Avonlea likes to get a little dirty) so I thought I would just make her a shirt and so I went home and made some with the material I already had and I think it turned out pretty cute and we bought her some shoes and leggings instead since I knew I wouldn't be able to make those. She looked pretty dang cute if I say so myself.
She loves puppy-dogs right now and is always pretending she is a puppy. If I can't get her to do something (get dressed, brush her teeth, etc) I just say "Come on puppy, let's go brush teeth" and she plays right along. It's great.

After cake and ice-cream was face-painting. Of course she wanted to be a puppy and I can't believe we didn't get a picture of the finish puppy but here I am painting her face, sitting on the floor with my 9 month pregnant belly. That part was interesting to see how long I could go without loosing feeling in 1 or both legs. But it was worth it. The kids loved it. To bad this was about an hour before bed and all that make-up had to be taken off.
After cake and ice-cream was face-painting. Of course she wanted to be a puppy and I can't believe we didn't get a picture of the finish puppy but here I am painting her face, sitting on the floor with my 9 month pregnant belly. That part was interesting to see how long I could go without loosing feeling in 1 or both legs. But it was worth it. The kids loved it. To bad this was about an hour before bed and all that make-up had to be taken off.
Avonlea is such a sunshine in my life. She has the most contagious laugh and loves to snuggle. She has the greatest expressions she uses when she is talking to you and is very polite. She is getting to be a little more independent and sassy with her personality. She loves to play with her older brother and sister and loves her new little brother so much and always wants to hug, kiss and snuggle him. One of my favorite things about Avonlea is that she is ALWAYS SINGING!! It is so cute to hear her sing songs she loves and songs she makes up. She is my little song-bird and I hope that sticks. What a delight she is to us in our lives

No comments:
Post a Comment