burlap

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

a few pictures as of late

I thought I would do a quick update with the pictures I just pulled off my camera.  I need to be better about taking pictures of the day to day stuff that we are doing.
Addie has been taking piano lessons for about a year and a half and she is doing SO WELL!  I'm so proud of her and the best part is that she really enjoys it.  She had her recital about a month ago and was really nervous but did very well.  Here she is with her wonderful teacher Tennille.

When we came home, of course Kimball and Avonlea wanted turns performing too

I'm hoping that this Fall we can get Kimball into soccer and possibly violin or piano and get Avonlea into dance.  Boy I tell you what, having kids involved in Activities can get expensive.  I'm so grateful that my parents did this for us even though we were tight on money.  Dancing was such a big part of my life all growing up and I remember my mom keeping the books and trading piano lessons for dance lessons so we could be involved.  Thank you mom and dad.  I promise that we will pass it on.
We went to the temple when the beautiful tulips were in bloom.  I wanted to take a picture of all 4 kids so I could finally hang it in my bathroom and replace the picture that came in the frame that has been up for over a year :-/  however, I didn't really get a good one of all 4 kids but I love this one of the older 3

 This is the best of the 4 but notice that Jarom is not wearing any pants?  ya he had a large blowout at church and someone (me) forgot to pack any extra clothes....of course.
I love this one but all you can see is the top of Kimballs head

 They saw this wall and climbed it to pretend they were Samuel the Lamenite.  (Kimballs favorite scripture story)
 Jarom had his blessing day and it was a wonderful day but a little sad to be so far away from family.  And no, I'm not normally that color.  I did a little spray tan booth the day before.  We woke up the morning of the blessing and Ammon looked at me and said "should we cancel the blessing?"  Ha ha! I took a shower and it wasn't to bad, in fact I really liked it.  The only time in my life that I have ever been tan.
 These 2 goofballs sure do love each other...most the time.  She is going to be really sad to have him gone all day with kindergarten next month.

 This is a typical night at our house.  Eating watermelon out front on our bench and the kids running around in there PJ's
 This was Addie's last day of school.  She was a little sad a little happy.  We were ready for summer to start

 We had a bike parade for Kimballs joy school end of year party.  The kids had a lot of fun decorating their bikes and riding all over Village Green with their friends.



 When we were in Nauvoo, we were in church and there was a family sitting behind us.  Addie wrote "hi" and a piece of paper and through it back to the girl that looked about her age (yes very reverent right?)  well anyway, they became fast friends and the family is from UT and would be passing through Omaha on their way home.  We took them to the zoo and invited them to dinner.  Addie and Carlee became best friends and did each others hair.  Don't they look great?
 You may remember from previous posts that Addie is a little bug charmer...especially with butterflies.  Well she caught a butterfly and put it on Jaroms nose and it STAYED there.
 He kinda liked it.
 Ammon's boss gave him tickets to got the the College World Series so we got a babysitter for the older 3 kids and went to our fiirst CWS game here in Omaha.  It was actually a pretty boring game because the teams kept striking each other out and they didn't get on base much.  The end score was 2-0 but it was a fun experience.
 




as you can see, Jarom thought there should have been a little more action too.

Now that we are into summer, we have been using our grill as much as we can.  In this picture, we are grilling chicken, peppers, artichoke (yum) and cactus (a little to slimy for our taste).  I love summer grilling.
 this isn't the best of pictures but Addie LOVES ti get stuff out of our recycling garbage and create.  In these pictures, she has made butterfly wings and antenna.  I love when they do this...it dose pose a problem of where to put it after a while.  Do I put it back in the recycle bin? 

also, she is standing in my bathroom that I painted last month.  I really love it and I will post more pictures when I decorate it more.
Well that's it.  I apologize for any typo's in this.  I am typing mostly one handed while I feed Jarom...It's all about muti-tasking right?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not gonna lie, Lucy thinks Jarom looks pretty Handsome in those pics *wink wink* I love when you update your blog and yet I kinda hate it cuz it makes me miss your family SO much!!!

    ReplyDelete