We were camped right next to a lake so we would go down there and enjoy throwing rocks and watching sunsets. It's times like that, that I just stop and thank Heavenly Father for how incredibly blessed I am. I could not ask for anything more.
I know it won't be too long before Jarom will be sitting there with them and making my heart jump every time they get too close to the edge. I'm so glad that (usually) they are such good friends.
Let's go surfin now
Jarom and I were enjoying a lot of close time
I don't know where these kids get their goofiness, I mean Ammon and I are totally normal. Right? Riiiiight???
Addie thinks it is HILARIOUS to make moose antlers and bunny ears any time she sees a camera
We had such a great camping spot. There was only 1 other camper in the whole campground and it was a guy from some TV show called "Gator Boys". We had never heard of it but he was nice and so was his dog. He offered us some firewood which we were grateful for so we could make our s'mores. The weather was perfect this time and the kids did so well camping. We only found 1 tick and that was actually from the motel we stayed in on our way to Nauvoo. Crumy dumy motel.
Even Jarom was a great little camper. He slept through the night every night camping....I think we need to go camping more often.
My Aunt Charyl is there on a mission and it was so great to spend some time with her. What a wonderful woman she is.
Of course Avonlea fell in love with Aunt Charyl. It must be because she is so much like my mom who is across the world serving a mission. She was quite tired after playing so hard and fell asleep in Charyls arms during "Sunset by the Mississippi."
She was ZONKED!
After Sunset, the BYU Folk dancers were there performing (It was their opening night) and it was AMAZING!!! Probably our favorite part of the trip. I wish I would have taken more pictures but I was to mesmerized. They were so cute to come and talk with the kids afterwards as well.
Of course we spent a lot of time at "Pioneer Pastimes" which the kids enjoyed. My cute little pioneers.
The stilts were a hit
As well as the climbing bears
Jarom loves giving me kisses...but was upset that what he was looking for was not to be found on my cheek
We went and saw the Young Performing Missionaries in the plays. Our favorite was "Just Plain Anna Amanda" which was darling and Avonlea LOVED it. She kept singing it for days on end. The performers were really cute with the kids.I'm so glad we were able to go again to Nauvoo and enjoy the wonderful spirit and peace that is there. We could have easily spent a week there camping and would have loved every minute of it.
looks like so much fun! you are too cute and your family is the best. you always remind me of what's most important right when i need to hear it. simple moments with family are what life's made for! and it's funny to see pictures of a baby of yours that i haven't met! looking forward to your trip out here. :)
ReplyDeleteHow fun! That's great that you get to go so often. It looks like you have such a good time! Heather's daughter Haley got into BYU and her goal is to be on the folk dance team. She wants to do it so bad! Hopefully it will work out!
ReplyDelete