burlap

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Oh Addie Mae

Oh Addison Mae, my first born. So often I think to myself "Where did she come from?"  This girl keeps you on your toes, that is for sure.  She makes me laugh and makes me roll my eyes and I make her roll her eyes and we just roll like that.  I decided it was time for a little Addie-isms of late. 
The other day I walked out my front door and saw this on my front sidewalk.  Yes that is right.  It says "You will be cursed.  From: your enemy "  
 
HUH?  What in the world?  I think she said she was trying to spook Kimball.  I don't think it really worked but it made me laugh.  I made her spray it off before any neighbors walked by and took it personally.
Ever since I can remember, Addie has been obsessed with Nature and bugs.  She will spend all day searching for bugs and is not afraid to hold anything...well hopefully I have made her a little afraid of spiders (for her own good right?)  but this girl is the bug whisperer.  She has a magic touch and I can't even count the number of times she is just holding a butterfly on her finger and it just stays there. 
In fact, here is a letter she wrote to a senator this last year that I had to save because I thought it was so cute.  You have to picture her reading it with her dramatic voice and everything. 
"Dear Senator,  I am very, very worried about animals!  Nature is my thing.  If I'm not outside, I'm the bordest girl in the whole world!  I read a book about oil spills and I want to stop it.  I can't change it but YOU can!  So please  help it.  Sincerely, Addison"
See what I mean?  That girl lives life full of passion.  Well, this picture is from this last weekend in Nauvoo when she caught a dragonfly.  Such a silly goose.

She is really into playing pranks on people. Last year for April Fools Day, I drew mustaches on the kids with eyeliner when they were asleep and it was hilarious  to watch their reaction when they first looked in the mirror in the morning.  Well Addie had been planning the whole year to get us back.  She had a marker and make-up hid in her pillow case and woke up super early on April Fools Day this year and put blush and lipstick on Ammon and tried to draw a mustache with a marker on me but luckily I woke up and luckily it wasn't permanent marker. 
Well she is really into trying to trick people now.  Like, putting her arm around you and tapping you on the opposite shoulder, or making bunny ears behind your head for a picture. 

or moose antlers.

Here is my aunt Charyl explaining how important Nauvoo and the gospel is and here is Addie making bunny ears because she noticed I was taking a picture. 

As you may have noticed, the tooth fairy has been visiting our house a lot lately.  Well She lost a tooth a couple weeks ago and I went in the tooth fairy went in to make the "exchange" but SURPRISE!!! All that was there was a card leading me the tooth fairy on a scavenger hunt to find the tooth.

"Dear tooth fairy, here is your first clue in finding my tooth.  I love to rock and I am a chair.  Look under my cushion."

Here is your second clue.  I keep Addie's pajamas in this drawer and Addie keeps her gum here"
(Her pajama drawer...although don't you be steeling her bumble gum if you come for a visit, now that you know where she hides it.)

"Last clue: I might be smelly but I'm new too.  I'm pink with green polka dots and frogs.  I hide Addies tooth.  I hide behind the door to Addies room."

All I can say is, the tooth fairy is glad that Addie is a deep sleeper. 

Addie is so full of spunk and has become a little book worm lately.  She just finished the first book of Harry Potter and read it in about 3 or 4 days.  She is also becoming so good on the piano.  She loves to play it and I love to hear her.  I just can't believe that she is getting so grown up.  She will be getting baptized this summer and that is so hard to believe.  This next year I am going to start homeschooling Addie for a number of reasons of which will be some future post but I know that it is going to be a growing experience for both of us and I am really looking forward to it.  I love that Addie Mae
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment