burlap

Saturday, March 15, 2014

4 years ago today, I met someone.  This someone has the sweetest spirit and the funnest personality....of course 4 years ago, she didn't have much of a personality...but the spirit she brought with her into this world was something sweet to be a part of.  
My Avonlea Elise is growing up so much.  
 This was seconds after she was born and they layed her on me.  Love at first sight for both Ammon and I.  We knew Avonlea was to be in our family and we were so glad to finally meet her.  What a joyous experience.
This was seconds after she was born and they laid her on me.  Love at first sight for both Ammon and I.  We knew Avonlea was to be in our family and we were so glad to finally meet her.  What a joyous experience.
Our little angel from heaven...double chin and so kissable



From day 1, Avonlea has been a snuggler.  I LOVE that.  It is so sweet, and admittedly occasionally frustrating that no matter where you are sitting, Avonlea will find a way to climb on your lap.  This gets a little challenging when I am teaching Addie school at the desk and she squeeeezes onto my lap.  She is a lap girl.
Addie and Kimball couldn't come in the hospital room because it was the time of the swine flu so no children were aloud.  They came and stared at her through the window and couldn't wait to hold their new little sister.
She grew and she grew



She grew till she was nearly 2 years old an and her nickname became "Tornado".  She got into everything and knew just how to destroy in the quickest amount of time, but even though she was a tornado, she would climb in your lap and give you the best hug in the world



 Avonlea never went through the "terrible twos".  She was easy going and calm.  Such a fun little girl to be around....I would have to say she has gotten a little more sassy this last year but I think she is just following the example of an older brother and sister. 





 She also has the most infectious laugh I have ever heard.  Her laugh is such a strong belly laugh that I can't help but smile ever time I hear it
She also is a SONG BIRD!!! She loves to sing and is always singing and making up songs.  She doesn't like to sing for the camera though so you have to be sneeky.

How can you not melt when this cute little girl comes up to you with a big hug and kiss and says "I love you mom"  
And now, she is so grown up...just look at her
I really wish I were better about writing down the funny things she says because there are a lot of them.  Yesterday, she was out shopping with Ammon and on the way home, she said "oops, I just tooted....Oh man I can taste it!"  Kinda gross but so funny coming out of this girl.  I am so overwhelmed at the love this little girl brings to my life.  She is full of spirit and joy and I feel honored to be her mother.  I love you Avonlea Elise Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment