burlap

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

BiRtHdAy UpDaTe

It has been a month since Avonlea's birthday and I just barely loaded the pictures from my camera to my computer...lame.  Oh well, I figured I would post an update on Avonlea's birthday really quick since I didn't have her cake or anything on the last post.
Avonlea requested crepes for breakfast.  The kids love having breakfast in bed on their birthday.  I just love her smile.
 Her birthday was pretty low-key.  I did throw together a little friends birthday party at the last minute.  This was her first "friends" birthday party.  We played games and they all got their faces painted.

We decided to get her a little microphone stand and if you watch the following video you will know why. (for those of you who this is automatically e-mailed to, I don't think the video will show up unless you log into the blog...sorry)
 What would you wish with a bump on your head? Doesn't she look like she is really preparing for that BUMP?  Look at her gripping that chair for support ;)
 Grandma sent her a handmade princess dress which she refused to take off for a couple days.  Boy it is a great twirling dress.
 I tried  making her a little princess cake as well.  I made it in the morning and watched it as the hours went by and saw the barbie sinking lower and lower into the cake...I had to laugh at Addies words of "Man, she sank all the way up to her armpits!"  Oh well, by the end, it just looked like she was sitting down, which a princess has to do every now and then right?  Just ask Avonlea
 Avonlea was plenty happy with it and since that was what I was going for, I really didn't care about the quick-sand cake.
Av is just growing up so much.  A week after she turned 4, she was watching me teach Kimball how to tie his shoe.  She asked if I would teach her and I did it just to humor her but she had it within about 3 minutes.  What a little smarty she is. 
I love this sweet little songbird of mine....even though she is beginning to enter her teenage years with her sighs and eye-rolls and snooty tone at times but at other times when she hugs you so tight and says "I love you mom," I know that I am so blessed to be the mother of this sweet spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment