SOOO tonight I finally uploaded all the pictures from our camera onto the computer and I am going to attempt to get some posts done. You know what this means right? Picture overload galore.
We like to wake up in the middle of the night to start our trip. That way the kids are asleep (hopefully) and by the time the sun comes up, a good portion of our trip is already over. However, that was still waking up at 3am and finally pulling into our destination at 11pm. Doesn't that sound SO SO fun! The kids actually did great (Jarom struggled at times) but the rest of the kids, there was really no fighting or too much whining. I guess the older 3 are use to the trip by now.
and Ammon and I headed to Spanish Fork where I was blissfully thinking of how much more time I would have with only 1 child to take care of. 1 child, I could go shopping, I could do projects, my life would be so free
Who was I 'freaking' kidding. THIS KID IS A TORNADO!!! I have 30 blog posts floating around in my head of all the trouble he gets into. I think I have called poison control more with this kid than I did with all my other kids combined. If he is not asleep, he has to be watched 24/7 and even when you "think" he is asleep you could be easily fooled. He could be in his crib after managing to get a kerosene lamp that was totally out of his reach and breaking the glass chimney and be covered in shards of glass. I am here to tell you this kid is being watched out for by guardian angels and it is a full time job for them too. With all that said, he really is such a big sweetheart and I love love love him to death. He is a big hugger and makes me so happy. He just keeps me on my toes all the time. I digress.
This next portion is what I like to call COUSIN TIME
My kids are in heaven being with all their cousins. I love that they are able to spend this time making memories and playing.
We went with my sister Michelle and her family to Bear Lake and met up with our older 3 kids and had a blast.
My cute niece Tess
Jarom, doing was he does best...getting dirty
This is what Kimball did for 98% of the time there. Building and digging in the sand. He swam for maybe 10 minutes and the rest of the time he was creating castles and his own ponds and highways and anything else you can build out of sand.
Time for a bath
I myself was treated to a luxurious mud bath by the kiddos
The star of the show
Of course we had to go get a raspberry shake...and when I say A raspberry shake that meant 1. They were a little too pricey for everyone to get one so we got 1 to share and everyone got a few bites. Good thing we don't mind sharing a few germs. Good times.
Then back to the condo to rest and relax with the cousins.
The condo we stayed in had the most beautiful view overlooking the lake.
It was so much going with Michelle and Nick. After the kids went to bed we had to party it up with some game nights.
A few days later, we took the kids to Salem Pond. My sisters Valerie and Michelle both live in Spanish Fork where Ammon was doing his rotation and my brother Kyle lives in Santaquin and they all have kids that are my kids same age so the kids were having SO much fun with cousins.
This picture is pure joy captured in a moment
Addie TJ and Seth
Go Addie
Avonlea and Eliza
Jarom and Milo (Valeries little boy) became good buddies.
We also enjoyed doing dinner up the canyon a few nights with the cousins as well. This next picture is Avonlea hugging her cousin Brandon who lives in Chicago and seems to be a superstar with all of the younger cousins. They are all members of his fan club.And that ends post 1 of many of our UT trip so far. Much more will follow






No comments:
Post a Comment